Random Posts

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday 26 April 2014

I don’t have problem attracting any woman I want- Oscar



Edoise Odiboh Oscar simply known by fans as Oscar is a 300 level Theatre Arts undergraduate of University of Benin from Opoji, Edo State. He started music professionally in 2013 and has since released a couple of singles which are enjoying splendid airplay.

He is a man with a mission. “I take my God seriously,I take my music seriously. I’m focused. I’m not here to joke around. I’m here to mean something important to my generation and generations to come” he enthused. Here is more from Oscar:

I started music professionally last year. Well I have always loved music. I have always been drawn to creating sounds that are unique and sweet to the ear. When I was little, I used to play drums and gongs.

I even tried learning the piano too. I mean “professionally” in the sense that, this is what I wanted to do as an occupation. I act too.
My kind of music cannot be classified into any particular genre. If you look at the songs I have in my archive, I mean those I have released or planning to release, you will see genres ranging from high-life to afrobeats to gospel music to dance music. What they all have in common is that they are saying something. I don’t do songs just for doing songs or just for the fun of it. I do songs because I have something to offer my society. I got tired of doing party songs. I released two party songs last year, one gospel,a dancehall and I got featured in up to four dance songs. So, that is why in 2014, my songs like, “Jeje”,”Kilimanjaro”,Agbani Darego” have messages they are passing across. I am not just an entertainer, I am also a conscious artist.

If you’ve heard my new songs, you will see that I am not anyone else. I am me .I am unique. I don’t like using beats that go with what is in vogue. I like being different. I thank God for producers like MRK and Esbee. MRK produced “Jeje” and “Agbani Darego”.I also do not like speaking on things everyone else is speaking on, which is usually jewellery, chain ,women and money . I speak on low rate of job availability, foolishness of artistes in a way that the Nigerian audience and market will love it. Oscar does not only entertain, he educates. So, that is my selling point, all glory to God.

To me, every challenge is but a blessing in disguise. I am not alone. My God is with me. What I am praying for now is for more airplay. I am already enjoying airplay on beatFM and radio continental with my new single and first single for 2014,”Jeje”.

My biggest moments are yet to happen. The big moments that have occurred in my career are my interviews on beat FM,my interview on Radio Continental,my performance at the launch of Genesis at Mega plaza and this interview, among others.

I don’t know if I can regard myself as a ladies man. The ladies are in the best position to judge but I don’t have problem attracting any woman I want.

The craziest thing a woman ever did to me was to pin me to my bed and almost forced me to make love to her. That was the first time I knew that some women are stronger than men. She held me so tight I was unable to free myself. She blocked the door and told me I would not leave until we have made love. Luckily for me, after shouting for help, I escaped. I didn’t sleep with her because I didn’t trust my body with hers. It is not every girl that opens her door that we, guys should enter.
My role models are Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and Tuface. Both of them have added value to the society by the content of their songs. They have something for all to learn in their music.

Last year,I released two singles.”Church Party” and” Tenkele”.This year I have released “Jeje”. It came out February and it is proving to be the song that may launch me into the next level. It was produced by MRK, my producer,my brother and my friend. Later this year, I’ll be releasing two singles at a go “Kilimanjaro” produced by Esbee and “Agbani Darego” produced by M.R.K. So musically, I’m active- all thanks to God.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment